Euston railway station is a central London railway terminus located on Euston Road in the London Borough of Camden. It is the southern terminus of the West Coast Main Line to Liverpool, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow. The main line station is connected to Euston tube station and is near to Euston Square tube station on the London Underground. It was the first intercity railway station to be built in London, as the terminus of the London and Birmingham Railway.
The original 1837 station was demolished and rebuilt in the 1960s. The original station was built by William Cubitt. It was designed by the classically trained architect Philip Hardwick with a 200 ft long trainshed by structural engineer Charles Fox. It had two platforms, one for departures and one for arrivals. Also by Hardwick was a 72 ft high Doric propylaeum, the largest ever built, erected at the entrance as a portico, known as the Euston Arch.